[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FreeHand Forum • View topic - FreeHand MX XDK
Change font size
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 2:31 pm

FreeHand support

FreeHand MX XDK

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.

FreeHand MX XDK

Postby nexilab » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi All,
I'm desperately looking for the latest version dell'XDK to develop new Xtra for FreeHand MX.

Latest XDK has been deliberately REMOVED from the Adobe website.
The version available is "fh_8_xdk" but not enough to develop for FreeHand MX.

Someone there knows or has other ways to develop new Xtra for Freehand MX?

Thanks
nexilab

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: FreeHand MX XDK

Postby FFH Mark » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:59 pm

I just saw your post from last month. There was a FreeHand Xtra Development Kit discussion here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26
Sadly, you are correct that the FHSDK was removed from the Adobe site.

However what if you ask another XDK developer? Boris Jerenec created the two OSX Xtras BJPlace and BJCropmarks for FreeHand. He may be able to help out and his contact info is under his About Us:

Another Xtras developer is Michael Thies. I use his NumberThem Xtra which is also OSX/Win. His contact info is:

I'd like to know what you find out!
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby nexilab » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:10 am

Thank you for reply.

We also use NumberThem and we tried unsuccessfully to contact Michael Thies.

We will try to contact Boris Jerenec.
nexilab

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Mark » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:12 pm

If you track this down, nexilab, please post your results. This question has come up several times for users and could open up many possibilities for FHMX. Good luck.
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Pixero » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:07 am

Yes, I would be very interested in this as well.
Pixero

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Pixero » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:36 pm

I found this info while surfing the web:
Here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... 08957.html

> > The FreeHand XDK will not be updated for the forthcoming FreeHand MX release.
> > The issue is simply the fact that there are too few FreeHand Xtras developers
> > that would benefit from such engineering, documentation and support efforts. The
> > FreeHand product development team must focus its finite time and money on the
> > aspects of FreeHand product that will impact the largest number of users that
> > upgrade to FreeHand MX, as well as users new to FreeHand MX.
> >
> > After FreeHand MX is released, I would like to explore ways in which we might
> > improve the situation for FreeHand Xtras developers. I plan to propose to the
> > FreeHand product development team, a business case for this need, and I welcome
> > additional feedback from the FreeHand Xtras developer community. If the lack of
> > an updated FreeHand XDK has a negative impact on your business, or if specific
> > XDK improvements or documentation will help you and your business, please let me
> > know the details by responding to this thread, or contact me directly at > btartar at macromedia.com.
> >
> > Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Bob Tartar
> > Macromedia Developer Relations
Pixero

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Mark » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:13 pm

Right Jan, this was from the FreeHand Discussion List in 2002 but I believe that was changed after MX was released. Otherwise the Xtras I listed above couldn't have been created. But you have brought in another idea and that is to ask the Discussion List itself about a FHSDK since it is still going on today and many old members are active. This is the page for getting on the list: http://www.domainvanhorn.com/mailman/listinfo/freehand

This is the Archives page: http://www.domainvanhorn.com/pipermail/freehand/
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Pixero » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:09 pm

I got this reply from Michael Slomski at the mailing list:

"There isn't nothing newer. But you can use the xdk for FH8 without no
problems in newer Fhs."
Pixero

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Mark » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:45 pm

That is a big surprise!

It seems hard to believe but if Slomski said the Xtras Development Kit from fh8 is what he used than it's true. I have his Angle Xtra running fine in FHMX.

Now what? Have you or nexilab looked at it?
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby nexilab » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 am

Indeed FH8 XDK seems to be compatible with FH MX.

We were able to modify and compile an xtra example (found in FH8 XDK libraries) with Visual Studio 6 on WindowsNT4 virtual machine.

The ReCompiled Xtra is fully functional with FH MX on Windows7.

But which is the best version of C++ to use?
nexilab

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Next

Return to FreeHand support

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum