[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FreeHand Forum • View topic - Freehand MXa: not enough memory to do this...
Change font size
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:03 pm

FreeHand support

Freehand MXa: not enough memory to do this...

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.

Freehand MXa: not enough memory to do this...

Postby karteundkanu » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:33 pm

Today the following problem appeared while drawing a big map of Vienna, Austria, in Freehand MXa (older iMac 2,16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram, OSX 10.6.8, 250 GB HD, rather full ;) ):

While placing the last buildings in the map by cloning the last one suddenly the message appeared: cloning not possible, not enough memory...

Given, Vienna has a lot of houses, last time I counted them in my file it was clearly over 30.000 objects (I cannot select them at the moment, as there is always the same error message), but what shall I do now?

Is my HD too full (I started to clear it, but up to now it was of no use) or is too less RAM or is anything else wrong?

As you can imagine, I am rather clueless about what to do now. A new Mac with more Memory is not really an option, as there will be a problem running MXa on this new computer.

Help, please
Heinz
karteundkanu

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Freehand MXa: not enough memory to do this...

Postby FFH Mark » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:13 pm

I would Save and Close out of FreeHand. Restart Snow Leopard and reopen the FreeHand project and see if enough RAM memory now shows up.
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby karteundkanu » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:35 pm

Done it already, but no use, same error again. 2 GB memory, 1 GB free...

Now I tried to delete 3 objects and to clone them again. After cloning 3 it was the same error message again. Drawing a new road (path) and cloning it was no problem at all.

Could it be that there is a restriction in Freehand concerning the amount of objects, paths or points?
karteundkanu

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Mark » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:06 pm

Look at this question on the Adobe FreeHand forum:

Does this match what you are experiencing?
The answer is to clean up points by simplifying or deleting extra points that aren't needed and simplify objects/buildings by making them shapes. You would have to cut some of your buildings and paste into another document temporarily until you have simplified the map. Then clean those up and paste back into the final map—in the same position.

Grouping them will help to paste them exactly in the same position on your original map.
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby karteundkanu » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:43 am

Thanks, Mark, I will try to simplify the objects today and see what happens. I never had a project this big, I only once had a path with too many points (when drawing a map of a connected lake system) which was a problem while drawing, but later I was able to join the two separate paths to one big area...
karteundkanu

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Bertrude » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:27 pm

I'm unsure if this will help but if you have many buildings that reuse the same graphic (you mentioned cloning them earlier) then perhaps you could use the Library to store them and then place 'instances' of the building(s) symbols on your map instead. That may help reduce memory load. I'm assuming using a symbol instance should take up less memory than an entirely new object.
Bertrude

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to FreeHand support

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum