[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FreeHand Forum • View topic - Mounting freehand install disk on virtual desktop
Change font size
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:03 pm

FreeHand support

Mounting freehand install disk on virtual desktop

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.

Mounting freehand install disk on virtual desktop

Postby mf3design » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:11 pm

Hello Guys, hope all is well... it's been a while since I last posted on here...
and I really hope someone can PLEASE HELP me? ;)

I have recently installed my virtual desktop using parallels and snow leopard server, onto my new imac running yosemite.

I followed the instructions from the page 'MacStrategy' and all seems to have worked well.
My virtual desktop is visible and working...
HOWEVER, I am now trying to install FREEHAND on the virtual machine by inserting my Freehand installation disk into the Mac which my virtual desktop is living. BUT, the freehand disk does not mount/show up on the virtual desktop.?
it only appears on the desktop of my imac.
does anyone have any ideas how I actually install freehand from the install disk on my virtual desktop???
this is driving me crazy...
all help is much appreciated
many thanks,
Mark ;)
mf3design

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Mounting freehand install disk on virtual desktop

Postby FFH Mark » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:52 pm

Can you install a FHMX trial version off a disk image and plug in the Universal serial # to validate it? I did I did this with Crossover.
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby mf3design » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi Mark, long time no speak ;) I hope all is well.

Thanks for your reply... Since I posted this afternoon, I have actually managed to mount the disk to the virtual machine and install freehand! :)) not entirely sure how I managed it... but I did it. I messed around with the CD/DVD devices menu within virtual machine.
I am now just trying to figure out if there's any way to copy and paste between freehand in the virtual desktop... and other programmes like photoshop on my mac?? would you happen to know anything about that Mark??
many thanks,
Mark fraser
mf3design

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Mark » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:09 pm

(Hey Mark, didn't know that was you when I answered.)

I don't have your setup but I understood that Parallels has copy/paste and drag-n-drop (or is working on it.) There are some threads on the Forum with this setup but I don't recall where. If you find out for sure, let me know. Also, let me know how smooth your setup runs and how well FreeHand works with Yosemite apps.
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby mf3design » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:13 am

Thanks Mark...
Yeah the drag and drop feature works from desktop to desktop and seems ok...
freehand seems to be running ok via the new system, although I haven't had time to sit down and really start working on it yet... one thing I have noticed, is that switching to the main selection tool from other tools via the command key isn't quite working as it should... for some reason I have to press 'shift and command'. I will keep you posted on the rest.
Also, if I find out a way to copy directly from freehand on parallels to photoshop in yosemite, I will let you know ;)

cheers Mark,
Mark
mf3design

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Mark » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:49 pm

Mark, I'm interested if you can test the copy/paste from FHMX to InDesign as well. See if the vectors are still editable in ID like they were with Snow Leopard.
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to FreeHand support

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum