Change font size
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:35 pm

FreeHand support

FreeHand is back, at least on my MacBook Pro with Maverick

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.

Re: FreeHand is back, at least on my MacBook Pro with Maveri

Postby llaporte » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:35 pm

I just joined this forum today. Hello everyone! I am going to finally make the jump and switch from 10.6.8 to Yosemite. I purchased the Snow Leopard Server last night for $19.99. Now do I buy a Mac Mini to put the server on it? Buy the Parallels version 10? I don't think I have enough ram on my imac to run both systems (4GB). Most of my files are in Freehand format so it is imperative this all goes smooth and I don't mind paying the costs involved to make it work. Any help will be very much appreciated as I need to move forward and will wait until I hear back from someone.
Thanks!
llaporte

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby llaporte » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:02 pm

UPDATE: Just spoke with Apple today. This will all indeed work according to them. Since it is a server will be able to access Freehand on all of my computers if it all works. Purchased my Mac Mini with updated ram and a superdrive. Will keep everyone posted as soon as it all arrives and I do the big move.
llaporte

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Mark » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi, llaporte... welcome. Yes, keep us up-to-date! So far most posts here are using FreeHand in virtual apps like Parallels, Fusion , and VirtualBox.

I'd be interested in knowing how fluid it is to work with FreeHand off the networked Mini.

—Mark
FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Previous

Return to FreeHand support

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum