Change font size
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:48 am

FreeHand support

can't type latin accents

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.

can't type latin accents

Postby daveleo76 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:53 am

good day. i was wondering if any of you know how to type latin/greek accents in freehand mx like in this word: Beyoğlu

the symbol is in my character viewer but i can't copy or insert it in freehand. i'm using snow leopard. thanks!
daveleo76

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: can't type latin accents

Postby Handsfree » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:47 pm

I think this a problem with a lot of other Text programs I have used and I do have a workaround I use often that seems to work for me (although I am not on Snow Leopard). I use PopChar to list the character (or accent) then that gets pasted into text editor, (I use AppleWorks 6 but Text Edit works just as good). From that I can usually cut and paste that into FreeHand Text Box (I set the Text Box pop up rather than type on screen). It should work unless the FONT you have has missing accents. Worth a try. PopChar can be downloaded from http://www.ergonis.com/products/popcharx/
Handsfree

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: can't type latin accents

Postby daveleo76 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:14 pm

thanks Handsfree! will check it out.
daveleo76

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to FreeHand support

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel