[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FreeHand Forum • View topic - Object Transform
Change font size
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:43 am

FreeHand support

Object Transform

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.

Object Transform

Postby bakaichi » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:41 pm

Hi guys

I cant not recall how I did this before, and now i can't seem to figure it out.

I want to change a Group object into a Curved stretch.
like the image below.
This was done in FH11 , but i just cant remember how i did this.

Thank you in advance

bakaichi

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Object Transform

Postby bakaichi » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:29 pm

hunm............ok ..i think i might have done this on AI instead in FH..

But if any one know how to do this in Fh, i would love to know too.
bakaichi

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Mark » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:18 am

Oh, that was created using an Envelope.
Go to Menu>Window>Toolbars> Envelope and it will bring up a bunch of pre-made shapes that will reshape your selected art. After applying you can modify the shape as needed.

Your art looks like a rectangle envelope was curved top-and-bottom with angled sides.
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby bakaichi » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:50 am

Thank you Mark

I gave it a try,
but the envelope function only seem to let me change the shape of the rectangular box, and not the object past inside of the box.

I try grouping it and transform as one unit, but the envelope only see to be able to grab the outter most box.

I will try fiddle with it more to see if i can get it to work.

Thanks a bunch

Jason
bakaichi

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Mark » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:31 pm

Grouping the art before making the envelope works for me. The whole art transformed as pulled the anchor points on the envelope. I admit that it distorts the artwork and some edges were not symmetrical. I used the Arc envelope.
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to FreeHand support

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum